History of the faculty
Training of foreign students in a higher educational institution is a hallmark of the university, an indicator of its international recognition. The foreign citizens training is carried out since 1948, when our university had a name Kharkiv Automobile and Highway Institute (KhAHI). Foreign students were tutored on a public basis by experienced teachers of the university V. Ye. Zozulia, V.M. Varfolomieiev, A.L. Shapovalov.
The Dean's Office for work with foreign students was officially created only in 1976, when their number exceeded 100 people. An Associate Professor Hryhorii Ivanovych Kovalenka was appointed as the first Dean.
Since 2000, the Center has been headed by an Associate Professor of the Department of Theoretical Mechanics and Hydraulics Heorhii Ivanovych Tokhtar, who, in addition to training specialists for foreign countries, was entrusted with the organization of international cooperation of scientists, teachers and students of the university with educational institutions, companies, enterprises of other countries of the world.